Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Re: What the heck are you carrying?

I’ve been thinking over the writing piece I did on my fellow gaijin carrying too much baggage on their journeys, and I want to make a small addition to what I wrote there. Namely, I want to note that there’s an interesting divide between different groups of gaijin and how they overburden themselves. Western gaijin (i.e. North Americans, Europeans, Australians, etc.) are the ones who tend to be the ones going around with the double backpack setup. Eastern gaijin (i.e. Chinese, Indians, etc.) more often commit the sin of having too much roller luggage. I can’t speak for how African, South American, or Middle Eastern gaijin tend to overburden themselves, since I didn’t see that many of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it