Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Missing out on e-sports

In any extended overseas trip there will inevitably be times when things don’t go according to plan, and for me one of those times was when I missed out on experiencing e-sports in Seoul. E-sports is a big deal in Korea and I had intended on going to one of Seoul’s e-sports stadiums while I was there to watch whatever was being played. The day after I arrived in Seoul I looked online to see what the e-sports schedule was for the week and saw that two days later there were the semi-final matches of an Overwatch tournament. Ticket prices were very cheap, but when I followed the link to purchase a seat I found that they were all sold out. My heart sank a little, but mostly what I felt at that moment was disappointment with myself. I had made a very rookie mistake in not looking for a ticket far in advance and had no one to blame but myself for the situation. On the day of the matches I had meant to show up at the stadium to see if there were any unreserved tickets available, but I got bogged down in other things and wasn’t able to get over to the stadium. I had missed out on e-sports in Seoul. Next time I’m there I won’t make the same mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it