Friday, November 10, 2017

Japan or Korea?

I’ve had a few people ask me which country I liked more: Japan or Korea. My answer has been Japan, but I always have to add a qualification to my answer because I think Korea is at a disadvantage in this contest. On my trip across the two countries I spent a bit over 80% of my time in Japan and hence I saw and experienced a lot more of Japan than Korea. I did see and experience good things in Korea, but Japan brings so much more to the table in my memory of the journey that Korea has a hard time making its case. Maybe if I had split my time a bit more evenly between the two then Korea could have a more fair shot at claiming my preference. Regardless, the winner is Japan and that’s the answer I’ll continue giving whenever people ask me which country I liked more, even if that answer has a large asterisk next to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it