Thursday, February 23, 2017

Bolder Boulder 2017: Do I Partake?

To run, or not to run? That is the question before me. Since 2008 I have run the Bolder Boulder nearly every year. It’s become a tradition in my life, but arguably an odd one. I don’t like to run (or exercise in general) and my body is not well suited to activities like running that put a lot of strain and impact on it. You would think that I would have stopped doing the Bolder Boulder years ago, but each year I’ve felt strangely compelled to do it again. What’s different this year is that I don’t live in Boulder, so on Memorial Day I’d have to get up even earlier than previous years and drive into Boulder and find parking in order to participate in the race. Part of me is not too keen on the impracticality of participating this year, but another part of me almost feels obligated to maintain the tradition.

At the moment the decision hangs in the balance, with a slight edge going to the part of me that is inclined to partake in the race. Whatever my final choice, I want to make it soon, as the early bird pricing for the race will expire at the end of the month, and I don’t want to pay any more than I have to. Sometime next month I’ll publish a brief post with my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it