Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Platinum #8

Last week I earned the Platinum Trophy on PSN for the game The Order: 1886. This brings my total count of Platinum Trophies to eight. For those that don’t know, trophies are an online game functionality that was introduced on PlayStation back around 2008 (on Xbox a similar system exists, called Achievements, which launched about a year prior to Trophies). Trophies are unlocked by completing particular tasks in games, with each game having its own unique list of them. These trophies are also broken down into the categories of Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum, and generally speaking Silvers are harder to earn than Bronzes, and Golds are harder to earn than Silvers. Platinum Trophies are earned by unlocking all other trophies for a game, and for some people are a badge of pride, symbolizing that they have thoroughly played a particular game. Personally, trophies aren’t that big a deal for me, hence why I only have eight Platinums, but if I really like a game and acquiring the Platinum doesn’t look too hard, I may give it a shot. If the Platinum is too hard or will take too long, however, I’m fine passing it by. My pride as a gamer isn’t dependent on how many trophies I earn, and if the trophies system disappeared tomorrow I wouldn’t throw a fit about it. Still, I can’t deny there’s a small bit of satisfaction in earning them, and there’s one or two other games that I’m thinking about trying to earn the Platinum for.

Just for the curious, below are the other seven games for which I have the Platinum Trophy:
Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
Infamous
Infamous 2
Assassin’s Creed 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it