Wednesday, November 2, 2016

20 Weeks

Last week I published my 400th writing piece to this blog. In doing so I passed yet another milestone, but it also got me thinking again about the future of El Progreso Del Peregrino. Back in June, approximately 100 writing pieces ago, I published a post about how I was starting to feel that it was time to move on from this blog and create a new website. That feeling has been building steadily since then, and lately I find myself dwelling on it more and more. Thinking about doing something will only take you so far, however. If idea is to become reality, it requires action. With that in mind, I’ve set a new goal. The goal is to have created a new website before the publishing of my 500th post to this blog. The new website doesn’t have to be live, or have all the content of El Progreso Del Peregrino transferred over yet, or have its layout finalized—it just has to exist. Of course, I’d love it if the new site was live and had all the old blog’s content and looked amazing, but I know it will be a slow process, so I’ve giving myself a reasonable amount of leeway with this goal. Assuming I keep to my pace of 5 posts published each week, it will take 20 weeks for me to reach my 500th writing piece. I thus have 20 weeks to take a dream and make it real. 20 weeks to begin a new era of writing, and change the world forever (ok, maybe not change the world forever, but humor me in this fantasy).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it