Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Worldly Possessions

You don’t realize just how much stuff you have until you have to box it up. I like to think that I don’t have a lot of possessions, but my recent moving experience demonstrated that even I have fair number of assets on my balance sheet. Too many assets, in fact. While most of the things I own can justify their presence in my life, there were a number of items that I came across while packing that I have no use for, and even a few that I don’t know where they came from. My friend over at Free Refills wrote a post last month about his own realization about having more than he needed, and both he and I, through our separate experiences, came to the same conclusion, namely “I need to have less.” For full context, you can read my friend’s post here. As for me, I’ll be moving again later this month, and whenever that happens I plan to separate out those space-wasting possessions and then see about either selling them or giving them away.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to hearing about this process as you go through the experience. I find paring stuff down extremely difficult. Maybe you can teach me a few things.

    ReplyDelete

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it