Thursday, July 14, 2016

2016 Writing Project - Conflict

Conflict is a common means of driving the plot in stories, and my story is no exception to this. In that regard my story is nothing unique, but then again I’ve never claimed my story was all that great to begin with. As the next baby step forward in the 2016 Writing Project, I typed up a document outlining what the overall conflict is that arises in the first major section of the story and the perspectives of the various persons involved. That second part is particularly important, as conflict does not arise out of nowhere, and I’m trying to make sure that all the parties in the story have coherent motivations for being in conflict with each other. If my characters do not have good reasons for being in conflict, then I just have senseless violence and my story is even dumber than it already is. Within the next few days I’ll try to write out the details of the conflicts in the second and third sections of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it