Wednesday, July 20, 2016

No One Else Is Writing Your Story

I recently had something of a revelation with regards to the 2016 Writing Project. It’s a rather obvious revelation, one that should have come long ago, but for whatever reason didn’t hit me until just now. What I realized is that the 2016 Writing Project is the one truly unique thing I’m that working on at the moment. I was thinking over the various writings that I’ve done in the past and am doing now, and which of them stand out the most. While it is true that the way I write about something, like video games, may be distinct from the way other people write about it, the fact is that I’m not alone in most of the writing that I do. The 2016 Writing Project, however, is not being done by lots of other people. I think this strangely overlooked fact really sank in when I asked myself the following series of questions:

Q: How many people are writing about video games?
A: Tons of people.

Q: How many people are writing about life experiences?
A: Tons of people.

Q: How many people are writing about the random thoughts that come to their mind?
A: Tons of people.

Q: How many people are writing the story I have imagined?
A: Just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it