Monday, April 24, 2017

Unicorn Frappuccino

Starbucks, in their never-ending quest to come up with new overpriced drinks that are tailor-made for social media, released a limited-time drink last week called the Unicorn Frappuccino. I was curious enough to buy one myself, and having experienced the Unicorn Frappuccino I suppose I owe the world my opinion on it. Below is a photo of the Unicorn Frappuccino that I bought.


When I posted that photo on Facebook and Instagram, I joked that Starbucks had created a drink whose primary ingredient was LSD. In all seriousness, I do have to give Starbucks credit for coming up with something that does look like it came from a land full of candy, rainbows, and prancing unicorns. The taste, however, leaves something to be desired. Probably the best way I could describe the flavor of the Unicorn Frappuccino is that it’s a weird mango-ish taste. There are sweet and sour patches throughout it, but I thought the sour parts were too sour and too plentiful. A little sour taste it fine in drink like the Unicorn Frappuccino, but Starbucks should have erred on the side of making it sweeter. A rainbow-colored straw would also have been a nice touch, or maybe even a straw that looks like a unicorn horn. Overall I’d have to rank the Unicorn Frappuccino towards the bottom of the various Starbucks frappuccinos that I’ve tried, but I guess I can applaud Starbucks for trying out something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it