Friday, April 7, 2017

Juggling

At the moment I’m juggling four different writing-related projects: the “regular” series of shorter posts that appear on this website, a pair of longer writing pieces that have stalled recently, the chapter/episode summaries of the story I’m working on, and making progress on the game I’m playing for the upcoming Replaying the Classics series of posts. I’m in a war on four fronts, and all of them are bloody campaigns of attrition. Were I unemployed the situation would be tenable, but seeing as how my job consumes such a large chunk of my life I’m struggling to keep up this juggling act. The obvious solution to this problem is to just let one or two of these projects get put on the back burner for at least the near future, but somehow that feels like failure. I can’t bring myself to let one of them go, even though I know this sort of multitasking brings only misery. I need a breakthrough on at least one of these writing battlefields. Either that, or I need to force-feed myself some humble pie and let one of the balls fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it