Thursday, March 2, 2017

Rebuilding my iPod

In 2007 my parents bought me an iPod as a Christmas gift. Since then I’ve gotten a lot of mileage out of that iPod and it remains in active use to this day, mainly as a way to listen to music and podcasts while at the gym or at work. I haven’t had many problems with my iPod in the almost ten years that I’ve owned it, but a few days ago the iPod finally suffered its first major malfunction, which resulted in me having to do a factory reset that deleted everything off of it. All the audio that it had accumulated over the years, all the playlists that I had crafted, and even the few videos that I would find myself watching once every few months—all if them were wiped out. Now I must recreate my iPod’s library, which I realize is probably the pinnacle of a first-world problem, but it’s an incredible annoyance nonetheless. The house has burned down, and sitting here whining about it won’t cause it to magically come back, so it’s time to sit down at my computer for an hour and rebuild what has been lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it