Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Password Troubles

I have an account at a particular brokerage company. You might know the name if you heard it. Anyways, I’m quite fond of the username I have for my brokerage account there. It could be, however, that someone else has a nearly identical username to me. Twice this past weekend I got an email notice from my brokerage company that my account’s password had been locked due to someone trying to log into the account and repeatedly failing to enter the correct password. Both times I called my company’s helpline and got the password reset, and upon logging into my account I saw that nothing had been changed and no transactions had been entered. What may have happened is that someone else has a very similar username as mine and they thought they were trying to log into their account but were actually trying to get into mine. Alternatively, it may be that my account is being targeted by nefarious (but incompetent) individuals who seek to steal funds within that account. If that second and sinister possibility is true, then they’ll be disappointed if they ever breached my account, seeing as how I have few assets within it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it