Wednesday, December 14, 2016

I Should Have Said Something

Many years ago, I was in a Blockbuster looking at their selection of movies. Off to the side I noticed a woman with a small throng of boys go up to the cash register. Those boys looked like they were young teenagers, maybe 13 to 14 years-old, and she was getting them a video game, specifically Call of Duty: World at War. I have played quite a few Call of Duty games in my time, and I know from experience that they are rated M for good reason. Full of bullets, explosions, and staggering body counts, they are not meant for the young and immature, and World at War is also one of the more graphic entries in the series. I am normally not one to step into other peoples’ affairs, but reflecting on this occasion I think I really ought to have said something to that woman. Maybe she would have brushed off my concern, or told me to mind my own business, and those kids certainly would not be happy that a random stranger was warning that woman that they shouldn’t be playing Call of Duty, but it would have been the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it