Tuesday, February 2, 2016

It's ok not to like it

I, like many people, oftentimes feel the need to justify my purchases even when they don't turn out as expected. This is especially true when I travel. Because travel doesn't happen all the time and requires a major investment of planning and money, the thought of spending funds on something that ends up not being worthwhile is anathema. And yet, despite all my research and investigation, there were a few times where I spent money on something while overseas and was not satisfied with the final result. When this happened my immediate psychological reflex was to put a positive spin on it and try to prove that I had in fact not wasted money. It took awhile to finally break out of that tendency and allow myself to just admit that something was either not to my liking or not worth the time and money I used on it. "Remember," I would tell myself, "it's ok not to like it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it