Saturday, January 30, 2016

People Watching

There's an old tourist tradition that for the life of me I don't understand: people watching. I've read and heard from other people time and again about this supposedly great activity. You find a place in or alongside a busy pedestrian area, grab a drink or meal if you can, take a seat, and then just watch the locals (and other tourists) walk by. I did this on a few occasions in Europe and found it to be rather dull. This may come from my antisocial tendencies, or maybe in my relentless quest for travel efficiency it felt too much like wasted time, but people watching is something that just doesn't appeal to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it