Friday, January 29, 2016

La Carraia

Since two days ago I did a gelato-related post, I figured I might as well do a post on my overall favorite gelato shop of the trip, a place called La Carraia. No surprise, La Carraia is in Florence, the city which is sort of the Jerusalem of gelato. You can hardly walk a hundred feet in any given direction without passing by a gelato shop, so there's plenty of selection and competition, but La Carraia is the place that I kept coming back to over and over again. I first visited La Carraia back in 2012 when I was walking around at night and saw a gelato shop with a line of people coming out the door who didn't look like tourists. So, I got in line, and was impressed with the gelato I got. In 2015, when I was back in Florence, I returned to La Carraia and was pleased to find that the owner(s) hadn't compromised their quality, even though the shop had now been discovered by the Trip Advisor crowd. There are tons of gelato shops in Florence, but La Carraia's gelato was just a step ahead of everyone else, and they also had some of the cheapest gelato in town, making for an unbeatable combination. If you're in Florence, La Carraia is worth a try if you have the time. It's located on the south side of the Arno River, away from the city center, but it's worth the effort to walk down there and check it out.

-----

Unrelated to today's topic, I just realized that this is my 200th post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it