Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Food without taste

Due to poor dental hygiene, I had to get a filling done on one of my teeth. The dentist applied anesthesia to the area around the tooth and performed the procedure, but afterwards some of the residue of the anesthesia got on one side of my tongue. For a few hours my tongue almost completely lost its sense of taste on that side. It was really weird to eat a cookie and have one side of my tongue register the sweetness while the other side didn’t. Tomorrow I’m going back to the dentist to get the second of the two fillings that need be done, and this second filling will be on the other side of my mouth, so I guess I can look forward to the same experience all over again, but on the opposite side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it