Wednesday, May 25, 2016

"You only see the flaws."

Our parents know us well. Oftentimes they know us better than we like to admit. Last year I gave one of my wood photo transfers to my parents as a gift. They liked it, but in my mind all I could see were the errors I had made in the process of creating it and I was quick to point out where I had gone wrong. Exasperated by my inability to take a compliment or see any value in the things I produce, my mother said, “You only see the flaws." The thing is, she was right. I don't know what it is, but I when I look over my creations the first things I see are the mistakes. Whether it's writing, photography, filming, or any other creative act, I only see the flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it