Monday, April 4, 2016

Welcome to the Club

It is now the month of April. If you're still staying consistent with your fitness-related New Years Resolution, you're doing well. In fact, you're doing very well. I don't have any data to back this up, but from my own experience, the people who make it to April while sticking to their new exercise routine are the ones that normally make it all the way to the end of the year. At my own gym, each January there's a bunch of new faces and in my head I try to guess which of them will still be there later in the year. By the start of February, a lot of them are gone. By the start of March, even more are gone. But by the start of April the herd has been thinned down to the few who are truly committed. If it wasn't so socially awkward, I would walk up to those persons and pat them on the back to congratulate them for getting this far. They have joined the club of familiar faces at the gym.

UPDATE: This post proved strangely prophetic, as I walked into the exercise floor of my gym this afternoon, and it was nearly empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it