Thursday, April 7, 2016

2016 Writing Project - What Is This?

Last week I had dinner with a friend of mine and one of the topics that came up was my 2016 Writing Project. He's been writing a lot longer than I have, and he's a lot better at it than I am, so I consider him well qualified to review the writing that I've produced. I gave him some of the basic details of my project and sometime soon I hope to show him what I've created so far, but it occurred to me that before I tried to explain the project to anyone else, I needed to make sure I could explain it to myself. With that in mind, I've created a new file in the folder where I keep all the files related to the project and titled it "What is this?" In it I've typed out, as best I can, what the story is about, the approximate arc of the plot, who the characters are and how they fit into everything, and some other important details related to project. The document is very rough and not totally complete, but it's been helpful to write it out and come up with a somewhat coherent explanation of what I have in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it