Thursday, December 7, 2017

When you can put up your Christmas decorations

Ok, so this isn't a current event but I felt I needed to publish this sooner rather than later. I love Christmas, but I don’t like how each year it seems like Christmas-related decorating and commercialization are started earlier. If I were some sort of absolute monarch I’d decree that it was illegal to put up Christmas stuffs until 8:00am of the day after Thanksgiving. Christmas stuffs would have to come down by the end of the first full week of January (this rule would exist solely to stop people from being sneaky and being able to have Christmas decorations up prior to Thanksgiving by never taking them down during the prior year). Yes, Christmas is wonderful, but its “season” must have its proper place on the calendar, and that place is not prior to Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it