Tuesday, January 3, 2017

2016 Total Word Count

This is it—the reveal of the grand total of words I published in the calendar year 2016. The day after I published my final post of the year I sat down and added up the word counts of each post from last year and now I’m ready to share the number with you. To be clear, I’m only counting the words from the actual bodies of each writing piece and not the words in the titles (if I did that the total would be a little higher). Take a seat and hold on to something, for the total count is…

154,458!

Now it’s become a tradition to include a gif with any word count announcement, and I’m not one to break with a good tradition. Today’s gif is one that will be recognizable to anyone who, like me, grew up watching Godzilla movies. Behold, the Godzilla Dance!


154,458 words, spaced out over 270 posts. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. True, there are lots of people out there who publish exceedingly greater volumes of work than I do, but today is not the day for playing the comparison game. No, today is a day to commemorate what’s been achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it