Friday, July 17, 2015

First Accommodations

I don’t know why, but for some reason the first accommodations to be booked on extended overseas travel are always the hardest for me to decide on. After that it’s usually a straightforward process of selecting future places to stay, but the first one has a habit of paralyzing me with indecision. A few days ago I spent several hours looking over listings for Paris, the city that I will be landing in. Granted, Paris has a lot of options, but the last time I went to Paris I only needed a fraction of that time to figure out where I was going to stay. On my previous trip the starting city was London, and on that occasion I also spent an unnecessarily long amount of time picking out where I was going to stay. After the first city the process gets easier, for whatever reason I don’t know. I look online, I narrow the choices down to just a few and then I make a decision, all in a single session and in about 15 to 20 minutes. It doesn’t make sense to me why the first one is the hardest, especially since this isn’t my first time traveling to Europe, but it’s finally done and now I have moved on to booking other accommodations.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it