Saturday, July 4, 2015

Blessed to be here

Today, July 4, is Independence Day here in the United States. In addition to all the food and festivities that happen every year on this day, it’s fitting for us to think about our country and what it means to be an American. For me, this year what’s been on my mind is just how blessed I was to be born and raised here. I could have been born anywhere in the world, but was among the fortunate to be born in America and enjoy the privileges of modern western society. My family wasn’t rich, but growing up in a lower middle-class household in America put me above the vast majority of children around the world in terms of standards of living and opportunities in life. Even now as an adult with a modest income I am still doing very well compared to most of the world. I am blessed to have the life that I have, and I don’t want to ever be unthankful for it. So on this July 4 I join my countrymen in commemorating the anniversary of the birth of our nation. We are all blessed to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it