Monday, July 20, 2015

Dubchestral


I’m guessing most people reading this are familiar with the musical genre called dubstep. For those who don’t know, dubstep might could be described as part of the larger electronica family of musical genres. According to Wikipedia, it originated in the late 1990s, but I first became familiar with it a few years ago when there was a period where it seemed most video game commercials and/or trailers were using dubstep for their musical accompaniment. Like all fads, it passed with time, though you can still hear it on occasion in games media. Personally, I’m not a fan of most dubstep, and I tend to agree with critics that a lot of it sounds like a computer having an epileptic seizure. There is, however, a variant of dubstep that I have enjoyed, and it is called dubchestral. As you can probably guess, dubchestral is a fusion of dubstep with orchestral music. Like with any other genre, some songs are better than others, but there’s a group (or maybe it’s an individual person, I really don’t know) called Instumental Core that has produced a number of dubchestral songs that I really like (along with other songs that combine traditional orchestral music with other styles). I was listening to their music recently, and thought I’d share some of their work.







If you liked any of these, I’d suggest checking out their Youtube channel for more of their work.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it