Friday, April 6, 2012

Ricardo goes to London, AKA The Blitz Part 2

Hello everyone. Before I start let me just mention that they keyboard I'm using feels a bit odd so there may be some typing errors in this post. I've spent the last few days on a busy sightseeing tour across London (hence the Blitz reference) and have taken a substantial amount of photos, however I can't upload any from where I'm typing this so you'll have to wait for another time. Just to name a few of the sights I've visited, I've been to the Victoria and Albert Museum, Buckingham Palace, Imperial War Museum, London Eye, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Trafalgar Square, St Martin In-The-Fields Church, the National Gallery, St Paul's Cathedral, the Olympic construction zone (I hope they finish in time) and Tower Bridge.

I am staying at a hostel called The Steam Engine, which is on the South Bank of the Thames between the London Eye and the Imperial War Museum. It's a decent place and for me it does everything I ask of a hostel; it gives me a safe place to sleep at night and has a decent shower. The rooms are above the hostel's pub, but the noise from below is muffled very well so it's not a problem.

London is a cool place, and has more sights to see and things to do than even my schedule can fit in. I might have a chance to do a few more things at the end of the trip when I return to the UK, but I'll have to wait and see. The only big problem I've had is that being Britain, it's a bit chilly this time of year.

Anyways, I leave tomorrow for Amsterdam by airplane. Easter services should be, interesting, to say the least. I'll let you know if I have to do any doctrinal intervention. The next blog post will hopefully be in a few days from either Amsterdam, or Bruges (in Belgium, which is next in line).

3 comments:

  1. Sweet - I assume jet lag is almost worn off - find yourself walking a lot?

    wing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully I didn't experience any jetlag when I arrived. I walked a lot, but also made use of the Tube many times. Got an Oyster Card which discounted the tube rides a little. It requires a 5 pound deposit, but you can get it back when you turn the card in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unleash the fury upon ye British.....aka glad you had fun In-The-Fields. I sang there for a choir trip 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it