Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Netherlands Recap

So, I'm leaving for Bruges in Belgium today, and I thought I'd give a short recap of the Netherlands before going. Again, apologies for not proofreading this before posting.

On Sunday after church I visited the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. I also burned part of my mouth on some very hot fries. On Monday I took a train to the town of Haarlem. Unfortunately, since it's common for places to be closed on Monday, just about everything was closed. It was also cold, wet and windy, so it wasn't the best day to be out and about. I decided to try to make the most of it by walking around town and got to see the town cathedral (closed for Easter Monday) and an old windmill. I asked a local at the windmill if there were any of Holland's famous flower fields around, and he suggested a town to visit, but I must have gotten on the wrong train because I wound up in The Hague. On the plus side, I had noticed some flower fields while on the train so I took the next one heading back and got off at a station nearby one of the fields. I would have walked the mile or so back to the main section of fields, but the weather was so bad I couldn't convince myself to go very far beyond the train stop. After that I came back to Amsterdam and spent the last bits of the day just walking around the city.

I have to go catch my train now, but I'll update this again whenever I can (hopefully soon, from Bruges or Brussels).

2 comments:

  1. Great update Ricardo - did you enjoy try them w/ mayo?

    The beauty of europass - there ARE no wrong trains ;)

    How are you holding up (jetlag, travelling, etc. places stayed) - are you getting more adjusted?

    wing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ricardo doesn't get on wrong trains. Wrong trains just seem to find him. Ed-Xactly!

    ReplyDelete

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it