Saturday, April 7, 2012

Arrival in Amsterdam

I have arrived safely in Amsterdam by plane (EasyJet) and am typing this post from the Amsterdam Central Library. I am staying at a hostel just a bit southeast of the main train station. Unfortunately I don't think I'll have time to see all that much here before leaving on Tuesday because tomorrow is Easter and on Monday I'm doing a trip in the morning to the town of Haarlem. Yes, I did get the distinct smell of weed in my nose while walking around, but since I went to CU for college this is nothing new. This town also has more smokers than I've seen anywhere in the states. Apparently smoking doesn't have the same health stigma here as in America. I'll have an update with my final thoughts and experience in this city in a few days.

2 comments:

  1. Once you've had Fresh brownies in Amsterdam, you'll never return the same, am I right?

    ReplyDelete

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it