Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Ricardo’s Top 10 PS4/Xbox One Games (July 2017 Edition) Part 3

It’s time for the third and final part of the countdown of my top ten games of the current console generation. Monday had numbers 10 through 7, Tuesday had numbers 6 through 4, and today is the big reveal of numbers 3 through 1.


3. Destiny (complete edition)
I wield the power of the sun!
Were I rating Destiny solely on its base version and the condition it was in when I first played it, I think it’s safe to say it would be several slots further down on the list. With all the expansion packs and improvements that have been made since launch, however, Destiny has transformed into one of my favorite games of this console generation. Continual refinements to the Destiny formula have created an addicting and incredibly fun sci-fi FPS that I’ve poured about 100 hours into, and even though I’ve now largely stopped playing I still frequently go online to see what’s new with the game. Whether it was playing story missions, teaming up with other players to complete Strikes, or dipping my feet into competitive multiplayer, Destiny was a blast and I can hardly wait for Destiny 2’s release later this year.


2. Ratchet & Clank
Off to save the galaxy.
If Ratchet & Clank doesn’t put a smile on your face then I don’t know what will. A remake of the iconic PS2 game, Ratchet & Clank is an absolute delight to play and has some of the most hilarious weapons you’ll find in a video game, including one that turn enemies into sheep, another that cause impromptu dance parties to break out, and the trash-talking killer robot named Mr. Zurkon. With a visual style that might best be described as Pixar-esque and a classic story of misfits out to save the galaxy, Ratchet and Clank is the sort of game that reminds you why you love playing video games.


1. Uncharted 4
Drake's final adventure.
I guess it’s no surprise that my 2016 Game of the Year is sitting pretty atop the list of my top 10 games of this console generation. At this point I’ve showered so many accolades on Uncharted 4 that I don’t know what else to say. It perfectly wraps up Nathan Drake’s storyline, delivers everything that we’ve come to expect from an Uncharted game, and shows once again why developer Naughty Dog is one of the best developers in the entire video games industry. It is both the best game I’ve played so far on this console generation and my favorite game of this console generation. Kicking it off its throne will be a tall order for any other game that I play over the next few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it