Friday, January 11, 2013

BlckThndr


BlckThndr
My old friend
We go back a long ways
Yours is one of the most significant appearances in my life

Let's turn back the clock a little
To a time few know about
My forces were being eviscerated
I had been in a steady retreat for over a year
As an overwhelming army came at me from every side
And relentlessly pursued me to the ends of the earth
Then you appeared and reinforced my position
Giving me the strength to hold the line
The war was far from over
But it was no longer a doomed campaign

I think that's why I was so loyal to you
If you were going, I was going
If you said yes, I said yes
If you didn't like it, I didn't like it

I don't think I realized then
That you endured a few attacks for taking my side
I don't think I ever thanked you either
Or could ever pay you back for what you did

You also posed to me a simple question
A single question
With infinite consequence
And that's how I met Him

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it