Thursday, June 15, 2017

The same age my father was

Last week my friend Ben over at Free Refills published a writing piece about being the same age as his father was when he was born. This got me thinking about my own father’s age when I was born, and it turns out that I’m in the same position as Ben. Right now I am the same age my father was when I came into the world. At the age I am now my father laid eyes upon his third child. I can’t even begin to imagine what it felt like for him, seeing as how my life circumstances are so much different than his were at my age. He was married, on a career path, and already had two children prior to me. I, on the other hand, am single, don’t have a (paying) career, and am childless. Our respective situations at this age were very different, but even so I suspect that we had at least one thing in common. I think that both of us at this age were dreamers looking to make our mark on the world, however big or small that mark turned out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it