Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Breaking the Rules

Believe it or not, I actually do strive to be a better writer, despite what the quality of this blog might lead you to believe. Every now and then I read what other writers have to say about being a better writer and try to learn from them to improve my own craft. Some time back I read an article by another writer and one of the tips he listed for being a better writer was to learn the rules of writing, and then break them. When I read that I felt a wave of smugness washing over me. Even though I don't know all the rules of writing, I'm pretty sure I'm breaking lots of them, so I feel like I'm already a step ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it