Friday, February 26, 2016

Big Friday

For the last few weeks I've been keeping to a the publishing schedule for this blog of putting up a new post five days a week, Monday through Friday. If you've read this blog for awhile, you know that most of the writing pieces I publish are on the shorter side, but on occasion I'll type up something longer. Granted, when I say that a post is "longer," that is relative to the normal length of my posts. I read a number of blogs whose authors regularly crank out posts that are at least 2,000 words, and compared to them my big posts are minuscule. Still, as part my practicing the craft of writing, I've been thinking that I ought to publish more of these longer posts, so for the month of March I'm going to try to commit to publishing one longer piece of writing per week and just see how it goes. I'm thinking Fridays will the days when these somewhat longer pieces of writing will go live, and in my mind I am referring to this as the "Big Friday" project. This year March has only four Fridays in it, so it should be a good testing ground to see if I can consistently produce longer posts over a short time frame. Depending on how it goes, I might continue the Big Friday project in the future months, or I might discontinue it if it doesn't work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it