Thursday, October 27, 2016

More Thoughts on Game Reviews/Commentaries

Over the past several months I’ve written a fair number of commentaries on video games that I’ve been playing in my attempt to knock out a chunk of my gaming backlog. It’s been quite an experience doing so much writing on one of my personal passions, and one of the things I’ve gotten out of it is an appreciation of why major video game websites distribute game reviews across a group of writers, rather than having a single person write a lot of reviews in succession, like me. As much as I love video games, writing these longer pieces about them, one after another, can be quite draining, especially considering my desire to produce something that’s actually worth reading, as well as my habit of perpetually second-guessing and revising my work all the way up until the moment of publication. As I mentioned yesterday, I’m getting close to the end of my current gaming backlog, and when I reach that point I can’t deny that it’ll be nice to take a short break from writing commentaries. I’ll still be writing about video games during that period, but I won’t be doing any longer writing pieces with my detailed opinion on games I’m playing. Hopefully that time off from writing commentaries will get me reenergized and ready for the second wave of game commentaries that will no doubt come in 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it