Saturday, June 28, 2014

Saying goodbye to your castle

A man's home is his castle, or, so the saying goes. At the end of this month I will be moving. I've lived in my current residence for nearly nine years, which is nothing to brag about, but it feels like a long time now that I think about it. Over those years all of my friends have moved, oftentimes repeatedly, but I've been the one staying put and watching the community morph around me.

When you live long enough in one place, you start to feel like you've always been there and you'll never leave. To be uprooting now and moving to a different part of town seems so foreign. The move is only a few days away, but I almost feel like I'm in denial about this. Change is a naturally scary thing, and I can't deny that I'm a bit nervous about everything that will change with this. But change will come. It must come. I will gather my things, close one door and open another.

It's time to leave. It's time to go. Goodbye, my castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it