Friday, September 1, 2017

12 Years Ago

12 years ago yesterday, my college roommates sat me down in front of a computer and made me join Facebook. The social network had existed for a few months at that point, however up until that day I had been hesitant to join because I had seen how it could consume peoples’ lives. On that day, however, my roommates told me to get with the program and I gave in. In the 12 years since that day I’ve seen Facebook dramatically change from the relatively innocent and fun-loving platform into the global empire that it is today. Several times during those 12 years I’ve thought about quitting, but here I am, still a member after all this time. Yesterday Facebook provided me with a fun little video celebrating my anniversary, which I suppose I should thank Facebook for since I would have completely missed the date had it not told me. So much has happened since that fateful day 12 years ago, and I can’t help but wonder at what Facebook, and indeed the world will look like in the next 12 years.

1 comment:

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it