Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Forgetting Things

I don’t know if it’s been the stress of moving, or just the slow, inevitable effects of age, but I’ve been forgetting things lately at a much higher rate than normal. Not in the sense of failing to recall memories, but in the sense that I keep forgetting to buy one particular item at the store, or to bring one particular thing with me on a trip. For instance, the Venice photo that I wrote about last week I gave to a friend of mine as a gift, but after signing the frame I forgot to put the cardboard backing into the rear of the photo frame before delivering it to my friend. That’s the sort of mistake I normally never make and others like it have been piling up in the past two weeks. Hopefully this is just a phase I’m going through and I’ll soon return to my hyper-meticulous ways, but for now it’s got me concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it