Friday, June 24, 2016

The Future of El Progreso Del Peregrino

In the place of my normally longer Friday writing piece, I thought I’d do something a little different this week and talk about the future this online writing canvas that I call El Progreso Del Peregrino. Last week saw the publication of my 300th piece of writing. It was certainly a notable milestone, and I’m proud to see how far this blog has come, but over the past several weeks I’ve started to wonder whether El Progreso Del Peregrino has run its course and its time to move on. I’m not going to stop writing, but I’ve been thinking about perhaps creating a new website on a different blogging service and migrating everything there. While Blogger works fine with just text, whenever I try to do more complicated writing pieces with images and/or movies I tend to run into formatting issues. Additionally, I sometimes wonder whether or not the name of this blog, El Progreso Del Peregrino, is still appropriate for the work I do here. For those that don’t know, the name translates to “The Pilgrim’s Progress,” which is both a reference to the seminal John Bunyan book, and to my feeling like a perpetual foreigner wherever I go. While the name is fitting for some of my posts, such as the travel-related ones, others, like the gaming-related posts, don’t always seem in sync with the name. I’ve brainstormed a few possible ideas for the name of a new website, but right now there’s no clear-cut winner.

With all the things that are going on in my life right now, any creation of a new website or substantial modification to this blog is still some ways out. If I did create a new website and migrate my writing material over to it, El Progreso Del Peregrino would remain open, though with a notice on it about the new website. Since Blogger is free, it can remain in existence in perpetuity, and perhaps it will stand as a monument/museum of my first few years writing online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it