Monday, August 10, 2015

Fast Food

I am well aware of the health dangers of regularly consuming fast food and hence I limit my intake. That said, with my trip to Europe coming up in just over two weeks, I am planning on grabbing a few meals from places like McDonald's and Burger King before departure. The reason for this is that I want a point of reference for comparison between American fast food and European fast food. I am unashamed to state that on my last trip to Europe I ate fast food a few times and came home convinced that fast food (from American major chains) in Europe tasted better than the same fast food in America. However, upon further reflection I cannot hold to this claim too strongly because I didn’t eat any American fast food in the weeks before or after the trip, so I had no actual testing of that belief while the memories were still fresh. Granted, the only way to get close to settling the question of whether McDonald's is better here or in Europe would be to get two identical food orders from both places and eat them within a few hours of each other, and I don’t have the ability to make that happen. Nevertheless, I’m going to do the best I can and get a burger here in America within the next two weeks and then try to get the same burger in Europe within a few days of arrival. It won’t be a perfect test, but I think it will be good enough for me to make a more informed opinion on this matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it