Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Take Me Home, Country Roads


I'm not a fan of John Denver or his style of music, but there’s one song of his that has a special spot in my mental playlist. "Take Me Home, Country Roads" is, for me, the quintessential travel song, specifically for when I’m returning to my home or my parents’ house. Granted, the song is about West Virginia, or, western Virginia, depending on whom you ask, but the underlying theme of going back to where you came from, where you belong, I think is one that anyone can resonate with, regardless of where home is. Your home might not be scenic, well off, famous or all that desirable, but it’s yours. The roads leading back to my home are urban, rather than country, but this song still plays in my head every time I'm coming home from travel. Take me home, country roads.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it