Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Leaving Eden

Sooner or later the dream ends. The last 13 months have been some of the best in my life, and 2012 might go down as the best year ever. I quit my job, spent 3.5 months traveling overseas and got done so many things that simply were not possible while I was employed. I made significant gains in both intellectual and spiritual progress and even slimmed down a bit. But alas, my financials, as good as they are, cannot sustain me forever in their current condition, and the need for a source of income is upon me once more.

I am going back to work, but maybe for the last time. One thing that has occurred to me is that I did very well in planning to leave my job and travel, but I did not have as much preparation for what came after that (the "end game" as I call it). This next time around I will not be committing the same oversight. Within the next few months I plan on paying off the last of my debts. Then, preparation can begin in earnest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for comments:
* Be polite
* Be concise
* Be relevant to the post you are commenting on
* Proofread your comment before publishing it